The men of Jericho said to Elijah “Behold the situation of this city is pleasant as my Lord sees; but the water is bad…” 2 King 2:19-22 (Let somebody read). (John 6:26). Cherubim & Seraphim Church can be likened to the City of Jericho that is pleasant but had bad water and unfruitful land.
Elijah called for a new bowl and salt, which he put in the fountain of the water, he said then that the Lord has made the water wholesome and henceforth neither death nor miscarriage shall come from it. If Cherubim & Seraphim Church is likened to Jericho, (according to Rev. L. O. Bamigboye of God of Moses Cherubim & Seraphim Church Apata Igbala Ada) Shall we now go and import bags of salt to sanitize Cherubim & Seraphim Church as a whole? No, the Elijahs of our time stand up to look for ways by which we can put sanity into the church. Let us consider some of the ways forward:
1. We must strive to make our unity wax stronger and more powerful to get rid of the cankerworms of the Cherubim and Seraphim Churches. Let there be a leader that can stand the test of time. Order should come from above (God). All conferences shall retain their names but as a section under the main body C & S unification Church (an idea postulated by special Apostle (Prof.) S.A. Sanni during the year 2000 Cherubim & Seraphim Unification Church conference. The Leader must determine to move forward.
2. All Leaders or Elders should and must be ready for a change. “Change” is the most terrifying word, but a necessity in life. Church (according to Choir master General of Cherubim & Seraphim Church movement Ayo Ni O, KM 4 Oshodi Apapa Express Road, Lagos Nigeria. M/S/A M. Korode) is a living organism that can grow or die. Just like Holy Spirit in our mortal body. If we must move forward, then elders must be ready for change.
3. They should be ready to listen to criticisms.
4. They should be ready to lay down their lives for the existence of Cherubim & Seraphim Churches and go back to the Mission and Vision of the founder of Cherubim & Seraphim (Pa Moses Orimolade). Evangelism, Revival Services in our Churches are not the only answer. Reaching out in a very big way through Crusade, open-Air Services and Organizing Bible Studies in all our Churches must be incorporated.
5. Drop Judaism for Christianity – most of our practices are of the jaws in the name of “ETO” diabolical means and not Divine directives. Some Cherubim & Seraphim Churches are particularly noted for this eto – slaughtering of goats, pigeons burning of colored candles and wearing of colored dresses in services. The Blood of Jesus and the Holy Spirit should be focused on as the means of Healing or casting out any unclean spirits from those that are afflicted. Transfer of the anointing into Water, Olive Oil and Burning of the Incense can be encourage as they have Biblical Meaning and significance and there are references both in the New and Old Testaments of the Holy Book (Bible) that support it. (James 5:14, John 9:7; Matthew 2:11). Be very Spiritual and not physical. Moses & the Snake – John 3:14. Remove the implantation of local, family, cultural and any ungodly traditions. We must be led by those that can stand the test of time – majority of our Leaders now are stack illiterates that stick guns to “ILANA” observation of the laws as set by the Divine for the sect. Dynamic youths cannot cope with stereotyped doctrines, they want to move forward. Leaders of tomorrow should strive to improve themselves by attending seminars, workshops, clinics and even theological colleges (1st Timothy 4:13; II Timothy 4:13 note II Corinthians 3:6).
6. Reorientation of our Prophets & Prophetess – II Thessalonians 3:6 to the end. We must do away with founders Syndrome. Most of the Prophets, Prophetesses and Ministers in Cherubim & Seraphim are self acclaimed and not called. Once they possess the gifts of the Holy Spirit they become Prophets founding Churches as means of livelihood. A Church is more than their narrow thoughts. For Cherubim & Seraphim Church to become a viable and greater Church, Sole Ownership must be discouraged. Landed properties of the branches and parishes should be submitted to General headquarters. There should be a total submission of the parish or branch of the Cherubim & Seraphim Church to the authority of the Church Headquarters in Lagos Nigeria. Those Prophets that waited wondering in bar beach, giving fake Prophecies, attending wilderness retreats, mountains and street market places will equally reduce.
7. Members should or must posses the 3Cs – Concern, Commitment and Consistency i.e. each member of the Cherubim & Seraphim unification Church should be concerned about the position of the Church all times and committed to the uplifting of the Church and be consistent in their commitment.
8. Problem of Spiritual Issues and Titles must and should be looked into. In the early Church, Spiritual Titles of Rabbi, Pastor, Evangelist, Prophet and Apostle were recognized (1st Corinthians 12:28; Ephesians 4:11). Then Spiritual titles were awarded meritoriously. Others saw in the awarders the fitness and need to award them the titles. Today our spiritual title holders are drunkards, harlots, and adulterers’ wife changers and smokers. Most of them are nothing but a disgrace to Cherubim & Seraphim Church and to those ordained them. They drag Cherubim & Seraphim Churches into the mud and allow the Ministers of God in other denomination to mock and look down upon Cherubim & Seraphim Churches. There is nothing wrong in creating titles because Apostle Paul that recommended it mentioned even higher titles like Bishop (1st Timothy 3:1). But big titles created by Cherubim and Seraphim Churches created ego tripping by those that were given the titles, they became puffed up and prideful forgetting their role and the significance of their title. Some have became God in their own eyes and fall into the lust of the flesh. This has contributed to the Splitting of Cherubim & Seraphim. There are now thousands of Baba Aladuras, Bab Alakosos, numberless primate founders etc. These are big titles used to exploit the masses in the name of self gratification. Leaders must exercise caution not to nature the lost of the flesh and if Spiritual title must be given, let it be meritorious.
9. Youths must be carried along in planning of whatever kind of activities is perform in C & S Churches. Youths are honestly the owner and future of the Church. They are dynamic and functional, they should be organized and be involved in planning of all programs. They should be made to lead services, preach sermons, give lectures, seminars etc. This will definitely stop exodus of youth to the miracle hawking Churches so called Pentecostal.
10. Publications- The well to do citizens of C & S prefer to spend their money for shows. C & S Church need to publish journals, tracts, books, etc. The fruit of the spirit must be evident in the Church itself. Love, Faith, Obedience and our stewardship expressed as “THE CALL” to Salvation must be part of our daily practice. There should be publication on Sunday School program, Bible studies, and at least Monthly Magazine on events taking place in the Church and way forward.
11. More time should and must be spend on Praise worships, Sermons and Prayer Sessions than money collection. If people are fed with the word of God, there will be less need to force money out of them. Let people praise the Lord, hear the word of God by going deep into the Bible and pray to the Lord.
12. There is the need to enforce the constitution signed and approve on 09/09/1999 by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs that defines the measure of discipline that must be carry out to discipline or excommunicate any branch or branches that will not comply.