As a church…
- We believe that the scriptures, both the Old and New testaments, are verbally inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man, the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct. (II Tim. 3:16; 2:13)
- We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself God existing in THREE persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit; distinguishable through his own efforts. (Matt. 28:19; II Cor. 13:14)
- We believe that God had a Plan and Purpose before the creation.
- We believe in the creation, test and fall of man as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain divine righteousness through his own efforts. (Rom. 3:11; 5:12,18)
- We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again third day, and personally appeared to His disciples. (I Cor. 15:18; Rom. 4:25)
- We believe in bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, and bodily coming again the second time for the church. (John 14:2-3; I Thess. 4:13-18)
- We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of calvary by which we obtain remission and forgiveness of sins. (Eph. 2:8-9)
- We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in order to fulfill the command of Christ. (Matt. 28:19; Acts 2:34-38; 10-19:1-6; Mark 16:15-16)
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation, with the scriptural evidence; namely speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. (Acts 2:1-4; 8:14-17; 10:44-46; 19:1-6)
- We believe in the operations of the gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in I Corinthians 12-14 as manifested in the Early Church. Without Christ, we are nothing.
- We believe in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world and perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as an expression to Christian faith. (Eph. 5:18; II Cor. 6:14, 7:1)
- We believe that there is no any other power besides God.
- We believe in the healing of the body by Divine Power, or Divine healing in its varied aspects as practiced in the early Church. (Acts 4:23-31; Rom. 8:11; I Cor. 12:9; James 5:14-15)
- We believe in the Table of the Lord, commonly called communion or the Lord’s Supper, for believers. (I Cor. 11:23-32) This is done once a month in our Church.
- We believe in the reality and personality of Satan and the eternal judgment of Satan and his followers. (Matt. 25:41; Rev. 20:10-15)
- We believe in eternal life for believers (John 5:24; 3:16) and punishment for unbelivers. (Mk. 9:43, II Thess. 1:8-9, Rev. 2)
© 2017 C & S Church Irawo Ogo Jesu | Made with love.